Search This Blog

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Heartbreak

Yesterday the most horrific act occurred against small, defenseless children and those who dedicated their lives to educating and protecting them.  As the mother of a first grader and kindergartner, it took everything I had not to run to the school yesterday and grab my children, just so I could hold them and tell them how much I loved them.  To know that there are parents who can no longer do this...well, it's just too much to bear. 

If you have children who are asking questions, I have linked to a great site to help.  Here is another one too. 

My thoughts and prayers are with all but especially with the parents of those 20 babies. 

2 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

I share your sadness Rene, as a human being, as a woman, as a mother. And I pray that we can still plant seeds of loving kindness in this world in the hope that respect for human life is given first priority.
I send you a big hug, cause we all need a hug...

Kathleen said...

I am finding it hard to put into words what I feel, I am heartbroken for those poor children that lost their lives in a horrific and terrifying way, the ache I get in my heart when I think of them and how scared they must have been is almost unbearable. As a mother who has lost a child of my own I can sadly understand what those poor parents are going through right now and will do forever more, my thoughts and prayers are with them.
Sending you a hug from one mother to another ((()))
Kat xx