Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ladybug Tilda



Today was a bit sad...my friend down the street is moving away. Her husband took a job in Wisconsin and their house sold so they are finally joining him after being separated for 3 months. Yes, I am happy they get to be a family again...but I'm going to MISS her!!!! http://makingstuffdaily.blogspot.com/
So to cheer myself up I sat down and played with the blog candy I received from Pam at Making Stuff Daily.

From her I received these red felt swirls and the heart sticker (as well as lots of other cool stuff that I can't wait to dive into this weekend!).
Hope you like my Ladybug Tilda. The colors are more muted than I normally choose...guess it was my mood! But the splash of green cheers it up a lttle I think!
Thanks for looking and, as always, I so appreciate your taking the time to comment!

9 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Muted must be in the eyes of the beholder, because I find this delightful Tilda to be bold and bright and totally lovable! Great job. Sorry to hear that you pick up the "YUCK" from the girls....wash, wash, wash those hands...hugs...Barb

Card Crazy said...

What a lovely card, Rene. I'm sure she will treasure it and remember you always. Sad to lose friends, but there's still the 'net! Glad the girls are better, you get better soon.
Sue S.

Jane said...

Ah, sorry to hear you had a sad day. Your card is stunning! love the black and red together! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

Danielle Champagne said...

So sorry you had a sad day... Happy that Tilda helped you go through the roughttimes. She is such acutie! I love how your card turned out. The red swirls are a beauty, OH... I love them and they add such a nice detail to your card. Cute very cute, Rene. I send you Maggie Hugs.
Danielle.xxx

Diana Crick said...

Cutie Patootie for sure, great coloring Rene. As Barb said, wash, wash those hands! Hope you are feeling better soon.
hugs, Diana

Leonie said...

O so cute! This Tilda is a fav of mine and I love how bright she is..not muted as you say! great job
Hugs Leonie

Rene said...

I think I need a thesaurus...by muted I meant, I guess, more "serious" colors..if that makes sense! I usually work with brights or pastels and this is rather bold...red and black...but I couldn't resist the bright green touch because I am a sucker for green! ;)
Thank you all for your comments!

Anonymous said...

I love this cutie..and you have done a wonderful job of coloring her. I'm sure your friend will be reminded of you everytime she looks at her special card.
hugs

Autumn said...

Sorry you are loosing a friend, I know that feeling all too well as I am constantly moving, and it sucks! Great job on ladybug Tilda, love the splash of green!
xxAutumn